Slow Cooked Asian Honey Chicken is one of our family's go-to dinners.
It's perfect to prep in the morning before a busy day starts and enjoy later once it's time for dinner. It has a simple prep, just toss all the ingredients into your crockpot, and go! We love using our Orange Blossom Honey In this recipe as it adds just that little extra flair.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2/3 Cup Honey Acres Orange Blossom Honey
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Aminos (or Soy Sauce)
- 1/4 Cup Minced Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Grated Ginger Root
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/8 Cup Water
- Green Onions and Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Mix the honey, coconut aminos, onion, ketchup, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes directly in the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and toss to cover it with the mixture.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Once cooking is complete, whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small separate bowl
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the slow cooker.
- Mix all until fully incorporated.
- Let sit for 10 min before serving to allow the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce. Add more cornstarch if you desire a thicker sauce.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Simple as that! Enjoy!