2020 was the year everyone got on the sourdough train. Is your starter still going strong? Or are you just starting your sourdough journey and looking for delicious ways to use your starter/discard? We started making sourdough late last year and have a delicious recipe to share with you!
This recipe can be considered a sourdough starter “discard” recipe, but honestly, it’s so good we make enough starter for it intentionally! We know strawberries aren't the typical pancake ingredient, but they really do add something special to this recipe. We love going to our local U-pick farm and picking fresh strawberries for it!
We find this recipe is perfect for our family of 5. You can 1/2 this recipe for less pancakes or double for more! They freeze beautifully.
- 4 cups sourdough starter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Honey Acres Clover Honey
- 1 pack organic strawberries, cut into small pieces
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook over low heat on a well-seasoned cast iron pan (or any other non-stick or greased pan will do).
- Top with a little extra Honey Acres Clover Honey and enjoy!
Not a fan of strawberries? You can use any additions your family loves - berries, chocolate chips, nuts - the sky is the limit!
This recipe yields approximately 12 large pancakes. Enjoy!